Monday 14 November 2016

5 Reasons why my blog hasn't grown since it launched.




Hi everyone, today I am going to share my thoughts on why my blog hasn't grown in the past three years, since I started this blog. I have been reading other people success stories, and I was trying to apply them to myself but when I started looking back I can clearly see why my blog hasn't grown. As much as it hurts for me to say that its the truth. Here are my five reason why my blog has failed!!! These are the things that I have to greatly in prove on. If I want to succeed

1. Not posting on a regular basis.

I have been very slow on writing content on my blog. I could get a wave of posing for a few days and then my motherhood will take over and I won't post for maybe a few months. I love writing but after a day with Rhys I don't feel like I want to do much at the end of the day. I have started planning my blog post and my YouTube videos so that I would be posting more regularly.

2. Posting on uninteresting things.

I find the most odd thing most interesting, and when it come to blogging, I really don't know what to blog about. Even though the cosmetics industry is so vast and so many things that I can write about. Then there is the other thing MONEY. I don't have that much money to be spending on makeup as my fist priority is putting food on the table. I have found that if you don't blog about trending topics people don't bother with your blog.

3. Not being up to date with trends.

When it comes down to cosmetics I am a very basic kinda gal. All of this heavy contouring, and baking thing has me so confused. I am kinda getting the hang of the contouring but this baking I really don't see the point. The other thing that really didn't take with me is fake eye lashes, as you may know I wear eye glasses all the time. I have short eye sight so that means that I have to wear specs all the time. As a result I find wearing false lashes just annoys me with my glasses. I have tried wearing them before and I found that so uncomfortable I don't know how girls wear them everyday.

4. Having a good camera.

I am still using my phone camera for pictures which is very to be honest, but I don't have props to go with my pictures. I have been taking a lot more notice of what other bloggers are doing with their pictures. How they are placing them and what props are popular to use.

5. Not connecting with other bloggers.

I read as many blogs as I can during the day or even when Rhys goes to bed but I don't comment of that many of them. Most of the time I really don't know what to say about the post. Other times its like a process that you have to go through before you can leave a comment and to be honest I really don't have the time for that. I really like very simple things. I am going to try and do better at this as I think this would be the biggest step to take that would grow my blog.

Q. What are the steps that you take to grow your blog? Let me know down in the comments below.

Thanks for stopping by and I will talk to you in the next one. xx

Christina

16 comments:

  1. I can definitely agree with some of these. I have a travel blog and having a full time job hinders me from being able to post amazing things about amazing places day in, day out. Bloglovin is a great way to interact quickly with a number of different blogs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have tries bloglovin and I find that its so hard to use. For some reason I just can't catch on to it.

      Delete
  2. I agree with some of these too.I have a blog but I think the reason it hasn't done too well is because as a blogger, I've been too comfortable sharing my posts with my current readers. Completely neglecting other prospective readers. Blogging goes with social media I guess but I'm not a social media enthusiast. How then do I expect to get more people to read?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am the very same, but I have been more on social media since Monday and I defonatly see a better progress that I have make, by simply sharing on Facebook.

      Delete
  3. Hi Christiana, I feel the same way sometimes, but don't put yourself under pressure with the make up thing. Do you and someone else out there will be able to relate. I'm still struggling with the camera issue not gonna lie. I enjoyed reading.the honesty
    Www.mouldedinsideout.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the comment. It means a lot to me that you took the time to write to me. Well I hope that someone out there that will relate to me. I love writing.

      Delete
  4. I enjoyed this, my issue now is a camera Nd dont stress about the makeup bit be yourself and someon will relate

    ReplyDelete
  5. All bloggers go through all the same problems, but there's always a solution. I'm thinking you could perhaps carve out your own niche in the makeup blog world. Perhaps something like "beauty blog for busy moms" or "beauty blog for frugal moms". You look like a pretty gal, so I'm sure you're doing something that the rest of us busy moms would love to know about.
    As for social media, take a look at scheduling tools like hootsuite, tailwind, and the like. You can set aside 30 min after your baby's gone to bed to schedule social media posts for the next day. Share other blogger's content and they'll take notice and start following you too. Find some niche google+ communities and Facebook groups and share your work there. There's nothing like making new blogging friends, and that's really important because blogging success doesn't mean having tons of readers, it's having a community.
    I hope you find this useful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for taking the time to read my post and to comment. Thank you for the advice too. I didn't even know about scheduling my posts. That is something that I will have to do, as I find it very hard to share my posts during the day. My son loves playing games on my phone and by the time I get for a few minutes the battery is gone dead. That means I have to wait until it's charged for me to some bit of work on it. About directing into the busy mums beauty blog, that is a fantastic idea, I never thought of that. I absolutely love the idea and already have some ideas for new posts.

      Delete
  6. I only realised after 2 years that if I posted my content on different Facebook groups relevant to my blog, I would gain more readers (duh!!). Find groups suited to your subject and share your posts in them... I also have a Facebook page that had only likes from my friends (because I invited them), but when I started sharing from my page and not my personal account, I gained a lot more likes. Of course it makes sense but I was never explained that before... Like you I don't have much time for social media, I work full time and have 2 kids so everything is done after they go to bed...To be honest, the blogging world has changed a lot since I started (almost 10 years and 2 blogs). It's hard to keep up,and there's a lot of competition, but like the comment above, it's about finding your niche and a community :-) Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was always afraid of posting on Facebook, because I knew my friends could read them and I wasnt ready for that. About a month ago or so I came to a decision that I really didn't care what people say or think about it. it was hard but I did it. I have joined a few groups and it did help so much. posting on Socail media is like a full time job to be honest. I don't like doing it at all. The competition is huge. I didn't realise it until I joined a few groups on Facebook. Thanks for the comment x

      Delete
  7. i think that posting your content on google plus communities and on facebook groups helps to get some traffic. The competition is huge but there is a place for everyone and you are unique so Good Luck :)

    Claire From http://www.clairetalksbeauty.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the comment. I always post on Google+ it is the easiest way of getting trafic. I have just started postin on Facebook, that has helped so much.

      Delete
  8. This was a great read. You can post about anything and there will be somebody that will relate. I need to redecorate my blog and get a new camera. I always see other bloggers collaborating together and I wish that was something I could do, but I'm not sure where to start.

    ahintofbeauty.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My blog needs a lot of updating too, and I have been taken notes on what others look like. I tried callabing with people and it didn't go the way I thought it would. If you ever want to collab on anything I will.

      Delete
  9. It is imperative that we read blog post very carefully. I am already done it and find that this post is really amazing. Vegan Lipstick

    ReplyDelete